We offer individualised, case-by-case support to people with HIV who have complex needs or challenges in their lives.
Case Management is a collaborative process that empowers people to live the life they want, through support tailored to their specific goals.
Guiding this approach is The Flinders Program – a self-management model based on cognitive behaviour therapy, problem solving and motivational interviewing – that helps people self-manage their condition.
Every BGF Case Manager is a trained expert with in-depth knowledge about HIV and hands-on experience navigating complex health and social systems. They plan. Facilitate. Advocate.
Case Management support includes but is not limited to:
- Referrals to other support services
- Navigating complex systems such as My Aged Care, NDIS, Health and Centrelink
- Legal and housing advocacy
- Support letters
- Financial and health literacy
- Intensive and ongoing advocacy support
- Engagement and relationship building
- Self-management support and goal setting
Please note that currently, BGF is based in NSW and SA only.