Financial Advocacy and Counselling
BGF’s Financial Counselling is dedicated to assisting people with HIV to address the financial challenges of living with a chronic disease and improve their quality of life.
Financial stress can have a huge impact on your physical and mental health. The good news is that most people report an improvement in their wellbeing after receiving assistance. Talk to us before things get out of hand.
BGF’s Financial Counselling includes but is not limited to:
- Financial literacy and budgeting skills
- Understanding which debts are priorities
- Identifying your options for tackling debt
- Advocate and negotiate with banks and other financial institutions
- Navigating the welfare, insurance and superannuation systems
- Advice and assistance with bankruptcy
- Identify if you need referral for legal advice or other services
To talk with a BGF Financial Counsellor or to speak to us about any of our other BGF Client Services, please contact BGF reception on 02 9283 8666.